Frequently Asked Questions
Can Acadia FCU help me monitor my credit score or view my credit report?
Yes, we sure can! From within your Acadia FCU Digital Banking portal, you can activate “Credit Score,” a free service for our members. Powered by SavvyMoney, Credit Score will help you stay on top of your credit. It monitors your credit report daily and informs you by email if there are any big changes detected. Learn more by visiting the Credit Score product page on this site. You can also check out this video on your YouTube channel to learn more!
What happened to Card Valet?
Acadia’s card control product, Card Valet, was sunsetted in the first half of 2023 in favor of a new product — Acadia Smart Card. The new version works like Card Valet did, but with integration into the AcadiaGO mobile banking app, which makes for a better user experience. You can activate Acadia Smart Card by logging into AcadiaGO and:
- Tap “More” in the bottom navigation menu,
- Tap “Accounts”,
- Tap “Smart Card”, then
- Follow the steps to download the Smart Card app
Learn more about Acadia Smart Card here. Feel free to contact us if you need assistance!
Can Acadia text me if there is suspicious activity on my account?
Yes – if you enroll for texted fraud alerts, you will receive a text from our offsite fraud center to approve or deny a suspicious charge. Sometimes, these transactions are actually legitimate and your debit card gets blocked when it doesn’t really need to be. Learn more about this service here.
I want to know if my money is safe. Are Acadia FCU member accounts federally insured?
The short answer is YES. Here are few important things to know about how Maine credit unions are protected:
- Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for credit union members to save money. These deposits are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund and insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor – the same as any other federally insured financial institution.
- Credit union deposits in federally insured credit unions are safe and secure, and all Maine credit unions are federally insured.
- Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union.
- All Maine credit unions are regularly examined by financial regulators to ensure proper management and maintain the safety and soundness of members’ money within the institution.
Visit www.MyCreditUnion.gov for more information about the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund coverage for consumers. Download this informational brochure to help answer any other questions you may have.
Do you have a brochure for your commercial / business lending loans and services?
Yes, you can download or view a copy of our Business Services brochure.
Can I open a checking account with Acadia online?
You certainly can open a checking account online! You can apply right here and indicate what type of account you want to open.
Where can I find Acadia’s disclosures or new account forms and applications?
You can find all of Acadia’s important disclosures and various account applications right here.
What is the stop payment fee for checks?
The fee to stop payment on a check can be found here under “Savings & Checking Account Fees.”
How do you protect against fraud?
Breaches normally occur at the processor or store level, and we’re set up to protect you. All Acadia FCU members have 0% liability when it comes to fraudulent transactions. If a merchant is breached or compromised and your card info is stolen, you will never be left unprotected.
If you see questionable transactions on your account, please report them to any of our branches right away. We maintain state-of-the-art fraud protection to guard our members’ personal information around the clock.
How do I order more checks?
1. Call Acadia FCU at 1.855.MY.ACADIA (1.855.692.2234) and we will order them over the phone for you.
2. Stop in to any one of our convenient locations.
3. Re-order checks online under the Check Services tab within online banking.
Need help? Send us a message.
The St. Agatha Town Office recently experienced many changes and needed to change the signatories on our business checking account. I called Acadia and inquired about the time it would take, as I would be unable to be away from the office for too long. I was assured that they could make it quick and just as promised, all the paperwork was ready and waiting for me when I got there. Aubrie Michaud, Town Manager of St. Agatha